Join in on our ELR 2 Mile Shoot at Vaal Dam 10 to 13 October. A 1st for South Africa and Supported by Pirosport Netherlands. Pim de Waard and his team, who were 4th in the “King of 2 Mile France ELR Competition” will be present to share their knowledge.
On Thursday 10 and Friday 11 October an ELR Course will be presented
- Team Pirosport and Turner Wilkinson will present the course with Alliwyn Oberholster as guest speaker tackling bullet flight theory and bullet behaviour through the trans sonic velocity region and down to sub-sonic velocity.
- The content and information shared will be of great value to all. Everybody will benefit, even if you are an experienced longer range shooter.
- The two training days will be balanced between theory and practise.
- Any rifle that can reach a 1000m is good to get the most out of this course.
Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 October there will an ELR Competition Shoot
- The structure will be a competition format, but it will still be a fun shoot. The aim is to grow into ELR shooting sports and we encourage all longer range enthusiasts to join in this mind blowing experience.
- There will be rewards for achievements and the odd prizes. However, this shoot is all about the thrilling ELR experience. It is about pushing your distance boundaries beyond what you thought is possible.
- ELR shooting favours a gunner and a spotter combination. Bring a friend or pair up with a fellow ELR shooter on the day.
Suggested Equipment to join in the fun
- On Saturday the course set-up will be a two category balance. Rifles up to 300Cal and then rifles 338Cal and bigger.
- 338LM, 375 Cheytac, 416 Barrett, 460 Styer and 50 BMG owners will be able to shoot at decent targets up to 2 miles (3200m)
- The ideal setup will be Bi-pod and rear bag.
- A scope with a decent MOA/Mil range and optics for longer distances.
- Any make bullets can be used.
Contact information is on the flyer above, feel free to enquire with Kloppies for more information
When it comes to reloading PEREGRINE™ bullets cutting edge technology and exceptional performance are now recognised, utilised and proven by the hunting professionals and gun connoisseurs alike. Our patented designs functions equally well at very low and very high muzzle and target velocities.
Peregrine hunting bullets patented designs functions equally well at very low and very high muzzle and target velocities. This allows the hunter unprecedented flexibility of application where it is possible to hunt with terminal velocities below 1600fps (guaranteed) right through the spectrum of magnum rifles with muzzle velocities up to 4000 fps.
Ballistics is the science of mechanics that deals with the launching, flight, behavior, and effects of projectiles, especially bullets, gravity bombs, rockets, or the like; the science or art of designing and accelerating projectiles so as to achieve a desired performance.