VRG3 type “Expanding Bullet” – Hunt in Bush and Thicket
Close quarter hunting within predominantly thick plant and bush cover. Used for all types of animals but best suited for “Big” and “Dangerous” game hunting
(Also known as the Bushmaster hunting bullet)
This expanding copper Bushmaster bullet (VRG3) is designed for all types of bush and thicket hunting that expand on soft tissue as low 1500fps. At the same time it can withstand high velocity impact due to controlled expansion of the mushroom formation. This versatile bullet has devastating terminal performance all with the minimum meat damage. It is able to perform for all types of game shots, for soft tissue as well as thick and hard bone this bullet will not let you down. In the larger calibres 375 and up, it is also excellent for big-game hunting with bolt-action and double barrel-rifles that require a bullet with a soft touch. A pure copper expanding bullet with a short bearing surface, resulting in less barrel stress. This large meplat design will ensure a straight wound-channel with proper entry/exit holes for proper blood trails. We understand that whilst hunting big and dangerous game survival often depends on quality equipment – the most critical part being the bullet.
VRG3 “Expanding Bullet” available in all rifle sizes, also for dangerous game
Dangerous game hunting and/or backup – An expanding copper bullet.
- Unrivalled all-round performance with regards to penetration, mushroom deployment on soft tissue as well as bone penetration (thin and thick). Deliver maximum damage on the vitals with minimal entry wound damage on valuable meat sections.
- Lead Free bullet
- VRG3 Bushmaster is an expanding pure copper bullet with patented brass plunger technology.
- Due to the plunger and internal cavity construction the deployed mushroom is soft enough to open on soft tissue yet hard enough to withstand the toughest bone. Excellent expansion down to 1500fps on soft tissue.
- VRG3 is designed to be used in conjunction with VRG2 solid copper backup bullets. Both shoot exactly the same trajectory with identical loads and COL/TPL. They also have the same ballistic properties.
- The VRG3 and VRG2 type bullets are ideal combination for dangerous game hunting as well as backup.
- Due to the copper construction the deployed mushroom is soft enough to open on soft tissue yet hard enough to withstand the toughest bone.
- On-course penetration also through bone.
- Limited deflection if a thick branch is encountered in comparison to spitzer type bullets.
- Large meplat with visible open entry-wound channel.
- VRG3 available from .22 caliber up to 577NE
- VRG2 available from .22 caliber up to 577NE