VRG-2: PURE COPPER SOLID – for Big Bore bolt action and double rifles.
The SOLID COPPER bullet (VRG2) is designed for big-game backup hunting with bolt-action and double barrel-rifles that require a bullet with a soft touch. It consists of a softer solid mono-metal pure copper alloy with a short bearing surface, resulting in less barrel stress. This is a platinum class solid copper bullet with a large meplat design – the ultimate dangerous game stopper. It will ensure a straight wound-channel with proper entry/exit holes for proper blood trails. We understand that whilst hunting big and dangerous game survival often depends on quality equipment – the most critical part being the bullet.
VRG2 Copper “Non-Expanding Backup Bullet”
Dangerous game hunting and/or backup – A non expanding bullet.
- VRG1 is a Brass bullet
- VRG2 is a copper bullet and designed to be used in conjunction with VRG3 bullets.
- Both VRG1 and VRG2 type bullets are ideal in a “backing-up” application with dangerous game hunting.
- VRG2 and VRG3 bullets shoot exactly the same trajectory if loaded the same in charge and COL/TPL. They are designed to complement each other.
- Due to the solid construction there will be no bending or fragmenting.
- VRG1 and VRG2 bullets can also be used for normal hunting. Note: The Peregrine team recommends the use of VRG3 expanding bullets for normal hunting.
- On-course penetration also through bone.
- Large meplat for visible open-wound channel.
- VRG1 available from 30 to 50 caliber
- VRG2 available from .22 caliber up to 577NE